Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Week 6: Using Style Sheets to Control Presentation

In week 6 we began to create basic style Cascading Style Sheets to use on Maria’s Fruit and Veg website which we created in week 5. Rather than having to type out the HTML code to create the Cascading Style Sheet we used the style sheet function available in Amaya. Using the style function available in Amaya, I was able to select the type of features I wanted to apply to particular parts of my HTML document. For instance if I wanted to apply a style features to my heading 1, I would have to the following code ( h1 { ) before I select any of the available features so that Amaya knows which part of the document to apply the selected features to, I also had to close the style entry with a ( } ). For the purposes of this exercise we only applied basic font and colour features just to get the hang of being able to use Amaya to create Cascading Style Sheet. Once I had designed my Cascading Style Sheet I then linked it to all of my webpages which I created for Maria’s Fruit and Veg website.

Now that the Cascading Style Sheet was linked to all of my 5 webpages for Maria’s Fruit and Veg website, any changes I decided to make to the style would automatically be reflected in each webpage that the style sheet was applied to.

Previously having worked on Cascading Style Sheets, this function was not new to me, but like I have said before I didn’t mind revisiting old territory and it’s something which I enjoyed. Although using Amaya to complete such a task was new to me and I do believe that this experience only increased my knowledge base and brushed up on skills which I hadn’t used in a while.

Bring on week 7 and the more difficult characteristics in creating webpages ;).


This is a screenshot of the style features available in Amaya for creating Cascading Style Sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment