Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Week 4: Introducing HTML

In the week 4 we were introduced to basic HTML language by being given a hard copy document of HTML which we had to physically type out into textpad. The aim of this exercise was to look at all the different tags in HTML and to see what they actually did to manipulate the text which has been entered. We then documented these new tags and their structure for future reference when we start to work on more difficult aspects of HTML. An example of a tag such as putting 'b' before the word 'Hello' and then closing it with a "/" would display 'Hello' in 'Bold'. Just a note I wasnt able to display the tags completely because it would make the word bold and it wouldn't show what I am trying to explain. I had a lot of difficulty trying to get this working but eventually worked a way around it by displaying an image of what I am tryng to achieve below. ;)

Like I mentioned in my week 3 post previously, coming from and IT degree I already have a good idea on how to use HTML and the meaning of most tags, but I didn’t mind revisiting old territory to once again brush up because it has been a while, I did enjoy this week because HTML is one aspect of the IT degree which I actually enjoyed. Bring on week 5 ;).

This is my first completed HTML document.

This is my second completed HTML document.

2 comments:

  1. it took me forever to retype the whole document up cos i kept mistyping stuff that stuffed up the whole document. i didnt get a chance to complete the 2nd document :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that happened to me too! :( I typed out the whole of document 2 and then it didn't work :S

    But Daniel looks good! Aww I envy you coz your Document 2 worked! ahaaa GOOD JOB! :)

    ReplyDelete