Hey all, my name is Daniel Papadopoulos and I am 21 years old and currently studying the BP140 - Bachelor of Business (Information Knowledge Management) course at RMIT which I am quite sure that most of you reading this blog would be aware of. Like the majority of people who are undertaking this subject, I also am in my first year of this course, but this is not my first year at RMIT, its actually my fourth. I previously was enrolled in the BP162 Bachelor of Information Technology course and at a late stage in the course realised that I was heading in the wrong direction with my studies and that it was time for a change. In completing most of my old course I have a fair few exemptions in this new one, which may answer everyones questions of why you don't see me in all of the same classes as yourselves and why I don't follow the course structure as almost all students in this course do. This is a little frustrating for me as I am not able to develop a strong relationship with students because just as I get to know them well, the semester is over and I am once again having to meet new people in new subjects.
Due to an overseas trip, Assignment One begins for me in week 3 and I have a fair bit of catching up to do, but I am in a group with people I already know and that I know will help me if I have anything I am unsure about. Well I hope so anyway ;). This assignment is surely different to anything I have previously completed and to be honest I have never really paid much attention to blogs before, so this will be a totally new experience for me. Unlike boring essays this assignment I believe will be exciting as we are able to express our thoughts and fellow students are able to comment on those thoughts, as opposed to most assignments where your view is one on one with the tutor. I am also happy that this assignment encourages you to complete it weekly which means that unlike other essays and reports your not left with a massive work load to complete only a few days before its due. Well thats enough of me, good luck to everyone with their assignments and hopefully baing able to post on a blog opens a new exciting chapter for those who are new to it ;).
After looking through the IKM technology related blogs one that i found had some interesting articles was ‘Tech Crunch’ as it discussed a lot of technology that was relevant to me and that I actually use. I particularly paid attention to the article in the Facebook section called ‘Facebook For iPhone Updated: No iOS 4 Support, No iPad Support, Broken UI’ which discussed the poor effort which Facebook was putting in developing and updating their iPhone apps. The following comment ‘Small updates may be fine or even welcomed by other companies - but Facebook used to lead the way in iPhone development. Now they’re second-rate. There are some 55 million monthly active users of Facebook for iPhone, according to Inside Facebook . They deserve more commitment to this platform (as do the Facebook Android users)’ was one that affected me greatly because I am one of those 55 million users and have definitely noticed Facebook’s slump in their iPhone app performance while other apps have been improving with time. I hope the Facebook developers do something about this and give us users the quality that we deserve.


good to see im not the only one that needs to catch up! haha good work so far man look forward to seeing the end result!
ReplyDelete