Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week 5: Building a Simple Website

In week 5, we began to use a program known as ‘Amaya’ a web browsing and authoring environment that allows the user to create their own website. Using the program we made our own home page just so that we were able to get the feel and test how the program works and as well as all of its features. This was quite interesting as the program allowed the user to also view the source code (in a split screen) of the features that were being added to the webpage. This also allowed me to add to the source code manually and display a feature that I could not locate as part of the program. This was quite interesting and the first time I had used this program as opposed to the past when I have used Dreamweaver and MS FrontPage.

Our next task was to create a simple website for a small business known as Maria’s Fruit and Veg. The purpose of this exercise was to establish how the get links working to navigate through webpages rather than the design itself. I created 5 separate pages (Index, About Us, Contact Us, News and Products) which would be part of the website and just copied and pasted the content for each page which was provided on the learning hub. I created this website without much trouble at all using the linking button in Amaya which I previously used to add links when creating my own webpage. Overall I worked out how to use Amaya relatively quickly and I do believe previous HTML experience did also help.

Overall it was a good experience using a new tool for creating webpages.


This is the Amaya user interface

No comments:

Post a Comment