In this week’s tutorial we explored the different ways we can structure documents in Microsoft Word to make them look more professional and be consistent throughout. I sure found completing this tute work very time consuming and over the years I myself have developed my own ways in which I could do the same thing and save a lot of time.
At home I have been using MS Office 2007 ever since its existence and myself and many others I know dislike the interface of MS Office 2007 because it uses more pictures to describe its capabilities compared to the earlier version 2003 which uses words. This has its limitations as new users find it more difficult to complete tasks as do I myself when needing to do something with MS Word which I have not done in a while. Although I did already know how to complete most of the tasks in the week 2 tute one which was new to me and that I never knew how to do with MS Word 2007 was updating the TOC. I always knew how to do a TOC but updated it manually as I didn’t know this feature was available. This will surely help me with future assignments and make my life so much easier as I can just press F9 to update.
After completing the tute work for week 2, I also ended up uninstalling MS Office 2007 and reverting back to MS Office 2003 which I should have done a long time ago, to make my life a lot easier.

No comments:
Post a Comment